Monday, April 5, 2010

A day at the Musee d'Orsay.

I love the architectural details found on the old Paris-Orleans train station that became the Musee d'Orsay.
There are statues of wild beasts to look at whilst you are standing in line.
And you stand in line for a looooong time.
The Legion of Honor Museum is just across the street; I plan to visit it on our next trip.
Napoleon is everywhere.
I wish I had some photos from inside the Orsay for you but as sometimes happens in Paris museums, the rules change. Last time we were here you could take all the photos you wanted in Orsay but not in the Louvre; the rules were reversed this time. If you are interested in the Orsay holdings, I do have a visitor's guide that is rather complete.
After a few hours in the Orsay, we caught a boat/taxi at this dock and made our way under threatening skies to the Eiffel Tower.

Charles

No comments:

Post a Comment